 General / 50934
  Re: what is ALE?

(...) OK, that was a low blow, I apologize! (...) Heh, true in that case, but that's because trains have become widely accepted as an adult hobby. LEGO has not. (...) Yes, and they'll be thinking: "This guy plays with LEGOs? Does he still live with (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: what is ALE?

(...) It certainly is interesting following this thread..... I was a secret "AFOL/ALE" from 1980-86. No internet, no knowledge of any other adult who even cared about Lego. I was in the proverbial "Lego Closet" for all those years. Then 4 things (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: what is ALE?

(...) That's a good point. If I were to hear a child described as "into trains," I would just assume that it meant Thomas, or maybe that he liked to watch his parents' train sets. More than being "accepted" as an adult hobby, I'd guess that it's a (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: what is ALE?

(...) Dave, I got a good chuckle out of your knucklehead comments. Very funny! Eric (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: what is ALE?

(...) LOL, probably won't help much against a good sharp broadsword either... ROSCO (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)