 General / 50686
Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:55:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve DeCraemer wrote:
In lugnet.general, Adrian Drake wrote:

Oh, no, that's fine.  Segregate us.  Hide us.  You find us shameful.

</tongue firmly in cheek>

It's an interesting idea, having a Lego dark room.  Maybe not all spacers
though.  But safety is a big issue, I'd think, as well as being able to keep
little grabby fingers away from bricks when nobody can see what they're doing.

Adrian

Christina just had a great idea. Since safety is obviously a big issue for the
public expo, She's suggesting that most of the room lights are left on for the
public expo with the exception of a periods through-out the day when the lights
are shut out.
  Adarian, as far as pushing space into the dark.  Just think, You'll finally
have a use for all the trans neon crap (not to be confussed with C.R.A.P.P.)
that you usually don't have a use for.  Anyone who wants to jump on board for
this can let me know at:  cowinacan@earthlink.net

thanks, Steve DeCraemer

Maybe we can make everyone that goes in there while it's dark sign a waiver
form?

"I hereby absolve BrickFest and the organizing committee, and GMU and the
Arlington government and in fact, everyone, except me (and Steve DeCraemer), of
all responsibility for ANYTHING bad that happens while I'm in here...

Further, I directly stipulate that by entering this room I acknowledge the
inherent superiority of CASTLE, PIRATES, TOWN, TRAINS, TECHNIC and well,
actually, EVERY other theme (except Jack Stone and Galidor), to Space, and that
spacers deserve to be kept in the dark, locked away, most of the time and I
reject the cult of cliquisheness that the spacers exude as a pathetic
replacement for actually having lives and friends."

Soemthing like that? Just a suggestion.

(XFUT lugnet.events.brickfest which in fact is where I'm going to forceFUT this
entire tree, it probably doesn't belong in .general)