 General / 49235
  So, how you feel these days?

Hey all, Just curious to see what the general mood is these days. Ever since the big change, which I've decided not to adopt, I've found my passion for the hobby has remained pretty much the same. Although it's tempered by less excitement with the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) <SNIPPED: thoughtful introspection and earnest lamenting > (...) As happy as a pig in slop!!! :-) (URL) on and on and on... I'm glad I'm an adult now and can afford this stuff!!! Cheers, Paul D. Okay, I guess I should say... a pig in slop with (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

Funny you should ask. Unfortunately, I have not been able to put nearly the time into my LEGO hobby that I would like. I'm quite dedicated to my family and professional life. I do a lot of playing with my 4 year old & 6 month old girls. We often (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

No argument about the new BNSF! I'm not even a Train guy but I'm sure I'll pick up a few of those! That new dark green color just looks delicious. Thanks for reminding me about the Land Busters set. I need to grab a few of those for the yellow and (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) work (...) and (...) world! I hear ya, Brian! My big problem is that I often have several projects running at once, and it's hard to divide my time when they're all calling to me at once! What really makes me crazy is when I have two projects (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) To me it's like there are now 2 companies, one turning out worse products year by year, and on the other hand a small outfit that now and then comes out with little gems (Santa Fe, engine shed, BNSF, Maersk freighter) I still have deep (and (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

One thing I'm trying to do is actually get a project built *before* hitting BrickLink. I often find myself building something - then I cannot finish it because of lack of parts. So I go to BrickLink and drop $20 on parts. By the time the parts (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) Hey, I'm now an adult and I still can't afford most of those! Luckily there have been loads of good smaller sets too, like all the creator sets! In my mind Lego has polarised, there are some set/ranges that are better than Lego has ever been (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) Or do I mean designer? I get mixed up! Tim (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) ---SNIP--- If I have to sum it up in one word I would say WHATEVER! Not real sure when my fun of LEGO went down the tube. I've noticed that this year 2004 I've spend very few time using LDraw, making any BIs, and actually playing with the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) Not great myself. I have not had any time to build in the past few months. I have a table full of half finished, and barely started projects. Work life has gotten in the way. Life in general has gotten in the way. To busy. Since BrickFest, I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

I feel that somebody is not doing its job 100%. I surveyed all the store where Lego are sold in my area : WalMart, The Bay, Sears, Club Jouet, ToysRus. ...and I feel that somebody is dropping the ball as far as marketing goes. MegaBlok is taking (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: So, how you feel these days?

(...) Oh so true... It's saddens me when my little nieces talk about the MegaBlock Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and how they sit need the big set. They have tons of DUPLO thanks to me, but now that they have gotten older (5 & 7) they have migrated (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)