 General / 49248
Re: So, how you feel these days?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:26:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
Hey all,

Just curious to see what the general mood is these days.  Ever since the big
change, which I've decided not to adopt, I've found my passion for the hobby
has remained pretty much the same.  Although it's tempered by less
excitement with the announcement of new products for obvious reasons.  I'm
still picking up a few things like Designer sets and other things that have
some of the new colors that I love like dark red and dark blue.  The T-Rex
set is just fabulous!  Lots of dark red and lots of the new teeth pieces!

It's kinda funny, but I sometimes feel like I'm regressing as far as the
hobby is concerned in that I spend more time thinking about old stuff than
new stuff.  It reminds me of how I feel about Star Wars.  As a kid I loved
it like crazy.  These days I still like Star Wars, but it's more of a
bittersweet nostalgia since it has been taken in a direction that no longer
appeals to me.  Now, I'm NOT trying to get all morose or say TLG sucks or
anything like that!  TLG has done a LOT in the last few years, for us AFOL's
in particular, and I really appreciate their efforts.  I still love Lego and
love building with and talking about Lego.  I still love seeing all the
amazing stuff that we make with this, the most awesome of toys.

So, how do you feel?

Dave

Not great myself.

I have not had any time to build in the past few months. I have a table full of
half finished, and barely started projects.

Work life has gotten in the way. Life in general has gotten in the way. To busy.

Since BrickFest, I have only spent $50 on Lego, and that was on 2 half off 2003
clearance sets(4852). I'd have to say I am pretty much maxxed as far as storage
space, so thankfully I don't really need to buy any for some time to come.

Combined with a maxxed out Visa and a refusal to purchase sets with the new
grays, I am saving a lot of money. That Visa debt is getting lower, and I have
enough of the old grays to last a long time.

Steven Weiser