 General / 49051
Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:14:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

The rarest regular part that I know of is something that is virtually unknown to
almost all collectors, especially the European ones.  That part is a 2x10 brick
in trans-clear.  This part was (AFAIK) only sold in a select few USA Samsonite
Lego sets circa 1966-68.  Why only the USA and not Europe?  That is a good
quetion that perhaps only TLG could answer.  There are a few other items that
could also contend for the rarest part, such as the white minifig hair in the
#365 Wild West set.

Can anyone think of any other?

I would say the Maersk Blue Construction Helmet is pretty rare, only one has
sold on BL and that was for $100 - more than the white pigtail hair:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=3833&colorID=72

vs.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=x103&colorID=1

I would also think any Maersk Blue part that was not included in the container
ship is pretty rare also - plus highly saught after. If nothing else, that color
could qualify as the most saught after color made by Lego.

And don't get me started on the Duplo promo bricks ;) I can give you some
examples of some of these SINGLE bricks being sold for more than $100 each. If
you would like info on this just let me know, but here is an example:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?P=4066pb126&colorID=3

Mark P
http://www.promobricks.com