 General / 49047
49046  |  49048
Subject:
Rarest Regular Lego Part....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:09:28 GMT

First off, I wanted to say thanks for the folks (in reply to my post about the
rarest Lego set) that mentioned the rare and very valuable gold Bionicle mask.
Jeeeeesse I wasn't going to even include Bionicles in my Lego document, but now
it looks like I cannot avoid it :-)

But anyway, I wanted to give you folks another Lego tidbit.

What is the rarest Lego part is a question that I don't think that even I can
answer.  But by narrowing it down to just the common bricks, I may be able to.

The rarest regular part that I know of is something that is virtually unknown to
almost all collectors, especially the European ones.  That part is a 2x10 brick
in trans-clear.  This part was (AFAIK) only sold in a select few USA Samsonite
Lego sets circa 1966-68.  Why only the USA and not Europe?  That is a good
quetion that perhaps only TLG could answer.  There are a few other items that
could also contend for the rarest part, such as the white minifig hair in the
#365 Wild West set.

Can anyone think of any other?

Gary Istok

Message has 5 Replies:
  Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....

(...) :) Here's another reason not to avoid Bionicle... LEGO did a lot of work to create a "collectible" mentality for this product line. They started with the Kanohi masks, about 130-ish different ones total, including some rare ones like the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....

(...) I would say the Maersk Blue Construction Helmet is pretty rare, only one has sold on BL and that was for $100 - more than the white pigtail hair: (URL) would also think any Maersk Blue part that was not included in the container ship is pretty (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....

(...) Well, even "regular part" and "common brick" is up for interpretation; normally I would not count the white hairpiece as a "regular" part. And I assume you would only mean bricks that has been sold in public, not bricks used as give-aways or (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....

(...) Hi Gary, as you know there is a huge ammount of parts, which only appear in one set-number. But there is a regular part (and i think it's a "common brick"), which appears in only one unique Set: It is the red 1x2 tile with the four digit (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)
  Re: Rarest Regular Lego Part....

Hi Gary, sorry to hijack this topic, but I have a question out of couriosity. Do you in your CD also talk about never released prototype parts? Like the 12 spoked trainwheels and trainbase fronts (as seen in idea book 241). These parts, if they (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)