 General / 48375
Re: Who made this Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:32:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Eipp wrote:
Hi

I am wanting to know if anyone knows who made this frog or the person that did.
Would they e-mail me so I can talk to you about maybe getting sum more pictures.
I would really like to make one and as always you would get the credit for it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gramps50/NeedHelp/ai_la7.jpg

Thomas Eipp

tpe110oak@msn.com

That frog was designed and built by Darren Ward. He was a model builder at
Legoland Windsor and Legoland California for about 6 or so years. He's featured
on page 40 of the Ultimate Lego Book. In my opinion, he was one of the most
tallented designers Lego has ever had. He is responsible for many of the iconic
models at Legoland California.

The one in the picture you have is a cpoy I built of his original. The original
concept was to put it in the Enchanted Walk, and the one I made was going to go
in a photo-op with some tiger cubs. Either one was never used for it's intended
purpose.

I don't have any pictures, nor do I know where you can get some, unfortunatly. I
think some of the parts may be a bit hard to come by, namely the plate hinges in
green (unless they have been released in sets).

It is a great model though, lots of detail in a very small space!

Hope you can find what you need!

Bill