 General / 48370
    Re: A fan no more —William R. Ward
   (...) Another advantage is that they are compatible with clips. For example a 1x1 plate with clip can interface with a 2-fingered click hinge. I dislike the lack of "airtightness" of click hinges and the bulkiness of them, but as a system they are a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A fan no more —David Laswell
   (...) While that is true, the flimsy connection very much suggests that this is pure coincidence. I also can't see any possibility that they switched to the click-hinge system solely because of patent expiration. The looming expiration date was (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.general)