 General / 48005
Re: Galaxy Explorer ever come with grey 4x4x2 cones with axle holes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:18:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Rick Meyer wrote:
   Hi, a quick question of those of you that have a Galaxy Explorer. I just received a 928 and the polybags were opened and all of the grey 4x4x2 cones had axle holes. The instructions and box show the same cones without the axle holes. Does anyone else have these cones with the axle holes in this set? I would like to know if these are original parts.

Hi Rick,

This question may be trickier than we know. I know there was a transition to cones with axle holes, but I’m not sure if they implemented it in the middle of the production of that particular set.

I’m going to cross post to .general because most of the people in the .space newsgroup weren’t around when the Galaxy Explorer was new. :)

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

So funny...I remember that switch. My first set with them was the Starfleet Voyager. I got that set after the Galaxy Explorer, so at least in that set (Canadian/International), the cones were solid.

Cheers, -G