 General / 47744
47743  |  47745
Subject:
Around the world in a lot more than 80 days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 14:51:31 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'll need help to achieve my plan.  A lot of help, from you.  First, let me
explain the concept.

I want to send a Minifig around the world.  First, I'll send it to someone in
another country where a first person will take a picture of the Minifig in front
of a national monument or a street scene, whatever that depicts the country or
the city where the Minifig is.  Then this person will send the pics to me (a
real picture or a digital one, through Internet or mail) but will send the
Minifig to someone else (I will have given this person the name and adress of
the next place to send the Minifig to).  My objective is to visit at least 10
countries and at least 3 continents.

Before starting this project, I'd like to talk about my major concerns.  First,
I fear the lack of participation because of the costs involved.  I can not pay
for the shipping of the Minifig from a country to another.  I can only pay for
the first trip, when the Minifig will leave my place.  Therefore, I think people
will be less enthusiast to participate if they have to pay 2-3$ in the process.
I hope it won't be a problem, since the costs are not very high.

Also, I want a real trip.  I am fairly able to photoshop a Minifig in different
pictures.  I could cheat the whole thing and make a webpage about the trip in a
day.  But doing that has no value,  So I want people who will be interested in
taking the time to really go to a nice site in their region, take a nice picture
and (if necessary develop it and) send it to me.

I'll make a page with the progress and a detailes diary of the adventures of the
Minifig as it develops.  Right now, I would like for anyone interested to send
me their name and email address by email at terry@minifigville.com or here in
this Lugnet thread.  Of course, even if all goes well, the trip will last a
couple of months at best, so don't expect the Minifig at your doorstep tomorrow!

I'd like for people interested in participating OR people who like this idea but
for some reason cannot participate to help me spread the word about this.  Maybe
highlight this post of simply reply to it so it stays alive long enough for many
people on Lugnet to read it.  I think it's the first time I ask for that sort of
things, I hope it's not forbidden or something.

I'll post an update soon.

Terry
terry@minifigwille.com