 General / 47456
Re: Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 15:31:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paulo Renato wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
   As someone mentioned for the colors, I do not think that matters much since much of the visible set is blue and red anyway.

It was me who mentioned it. Well, i have this set and it has a lot of light grey in it, and some is very visible indeed (although major visible colors are red and blue as you said). But if it doesn’t matter to you, that’s ok.

Hi Paulo,

Personally, I think that new light grey would look fine with this model. I understand the concern for classic space and classic castle legends that are are mainly light grey.

I would like to point out that several legends have not been completely accurate copies of the original. For example, Black Falcon’s Fortress has a different shield shape for torsos and the flag. The set is also missing the bonus pieces used in a sub-model.

I will take classic space or castle legends in old or new grey. If it is old grey, that is fine. If it is new grey, well I need to stock up on that anyway.

   But the point of my post was mainly this: How about possible legends that have a lot of light grey (classic space for instance); would you still feel the same? (Or will TLC just avoid them?)

LEGO could easily avoid them. There are castle sets with minimal light grey - some forestmen (6054) and joust sets (6060) come to mind. Space has blacktron, futuron, m-tron, etc which avoids using too much grey.

I will take legends either way because the sets have excellent designs, piece counts, sub models, modularity, etc.

Ben E.