 General / 47431
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 00:14:48 GMT

Hi Jake,

I didn't bought any of the 2004 sets and i think i will not. I'm really
frustrated with this color change.

I was thinking what - apart for changing back the colors (the wiser move: if
there's anything worst than making a mistake it is not correct it) - would make
me start buying new sets. And i came to this:

What about just selling packs of old colors corresponding to the new colors
coming in a new set? I mean, imagine that you have a new set that comes with:
20 x brick 1x4 in bluish-lightgrey;
10 x plate 2x2 in bluish-darkgrey;
15 x arch 1x3 in redish-brown;
plus other bricks in other colors.

My sugestion is to make a pack of just the 20+10+15 parts but in the old colors.
You (TLC) could even make a single pack for a whole theme and sell it through
Lego.com (since the people who feel hurt the most by this color change are able
to buy through Lego.com).

I don't know if this is feaseble. (Of course i think «anything» is, depending on
good will) But if it was to come true i could possibly not only buy these packs
but also buy the new sets as well, since i could complete them with my old
beloved colors and could throw the new colors to a bin without worries. It would
be expensier to me but i would prefer that than simply stop buying Lego for
good.

Does it make sense to you?

Best regards from Portugal,

Paulo Renato