 General / 47394
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 18:52:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson wrote:
In lugnet.general, Don Heyse wrote:
I noticed there was never an official denial to
the rumor that the real reason was so TLC could recycle blue ABS into
the greys, and red ABS into the browns in order to save money.

Now that you got your official denial, consider: Lego makes more
black bricks than they do gray bricks. In the recycling article
they said recycled plastic goes into black bricks.

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me.  Please explain further.  Or
maybe I just need some coffee.

I really wish they would just tell us the real business decision behind the
change.  Then we could move on.

Oh wait, I think I get it now.  Maybe the first question was too specific.
Let's make it a game of it and see if we can gather a few more "official
denials".  How about 20 questions?

Was there a cost savings component in the decision to change colors?
Was recycling of raw materials a factor in the decision?
Was anybody involved in the decision recently sacked?
Does Jake actually know the reason for the change?
Was the location of the factories (China, wherever) a factor?
Did the old colors have toxic ingredients?
Was there a bad environmental impact from the old colors?
Is bionicle involved?
Does TLC upper management prefer coke, or pepsi?

Uh, I'm no good at this.  Can someone else come up with the rest of
the 20?

Don