 General / 47282
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 00:29:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Lyttle wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mike Kollross wrote:
(snippage)

* A certain few parts that are crucial to keep in the old colors will likely be
created as service pack type items. An example of this would be the 9v train
track. I am interested in getting feedback from you (via this thread) on which

9 volt track is a must.  How about releasing different track geometry at the
same time.  If you are going to make a special run any way....

Mike

Here's a thought...make the current 9V track with the "old" dark gray.  Any new
track geometries---make them the "NEW" Gray.

Result--those who want new track geometries will eventually wind up filtering
into new gray colors...and you can easily distinguish what kind of curvature you
have by comparing colors of track...

Scott Lyttle

I don't want to start a flam war but using color to identify track geometry is
probably a bad idea. This is mostly because it breaks up the continuity at least
in a color sense. A better solution would be to mold an identifying mark on the
under side of the track. Now this brings up the new track geometry so rather
than start a side thread I will end with this: This is just my opinion in
response to Scott’s post, please don't start a thread with it.

Thanks,
OnDrew