 General / 47225
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 17:15:25 GMT

Hello Jake,

I know that you have heard a lot of... concerns, but I would like to add some
praise along with my input.

I am glad that TLC has decided to retain the gray, brown, drk gray colors. I was
terribly afraid that TLC had done away with these and so I immediately went to
the secondary market and started to purchase what I could. Now, I have hope that
we will see those three colors return in the pieces that we were used to so that
Castle builders and Space builders and other AFOL builders can continue to build
their castles, etc.

I forsaw TLC adding new colors to the palette about a year or so when the very
first "alternative" colors started to appear on the market. It was the opening
of a flood gate and I knew that shortly there would be a vast range of colors.
And, it is so easy to tell that there will be more. That is okay; AFOLS have an
imagination that is endless, and I believe that those colors will find their
place amongst AFOLS and their creations.

As for your question of what further pieces that TLC might do... That is hard to
say; TLC in recent years has been creating many new pieces, details, bricks of
all shapes. I myself am still spinning from the variety offered in recent times.
It is hard to imagine what more there could be.

As for systems... It would be absolutely lovely to see the return of the Classic
Castle circa 1980's to early 1990's. It was at the arrival of the King's Kingdom
that Classic Castle began to slide. I know that there are others who cry out for
the return of Classic Space and what-have-not, but the return of the castle
style (Crusaders, Black Monarch, Wolfpack, Dragon Hunters, Forestmen, Black
Falcon) I am sure would see revenue enough to pay for TLC's troubles. And, if
TLC is more interested in leaving the past in the past, then a new line of
castle in the style and design of that past era would also be acceptable.
Perhaps, this is a crazy idea that I have to throw out, a line of ancient
civilizations? I thought at first that this might be too much of a niche market,
but the idea is no different that having medieval Europe castles, or sets from
the Samurai era of Japan (I believe that the Samurai/Ninja sets are a high
demand line). So, to avoid this from becoming a niche market, the line of
ancient civilizations would have to be generalized. So many civilizations had
chariots, for instance, so one general chariot type of set could be used across
the board for all ancient civilizations. Then there could be one or two specific
sets, like a specific set for building a pyramid, or a roman-esque building, or
a Choson temple. Specific pieces could be limited to torsos, minifig head
apparel, a few special decal bricks, and maybe a few specific weapons. Other
than that, horses, birds, the vast array of colored pieces, other animals,
plants, utensils, are all already there for use as TLC already makes what would
be needed.

Anyway, there are a few ideas. I think that what other ideas I have are already
expressed by the outcry for the three colors, and the out cry for the return of
space and castle stuff. This was my one big original idea.

Thanks, Avery