 General / 47156
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 15:09:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

I am interested in getting feedback from you (via this thread) on which
elements MUST be produced in the old colors for the long term.

IMO train track (you can ignore the cross track) and the current "retro" brick
and plate packs, plus the 2x4 brick packs, would suffice.  Those cover most of
what folks tend to use in bulk.  For most everything else we're just going to
have to rely on the aftermarket - which fortunately is pretty good these days.

I'd like to suggest another avenue for keeping the old colors alive: continue to
use them in future Legends sets.  That would broaden - but hopefully in a more
controlled manner for TLC - the range of available parts and hopefully go a long
way (?) toward appeasing e.g. the castle builders.  Yes, it's more runs of more
parts with yet another color, but as long as you're maintaining the pellet
supply stream for the above anyway, it shouldn't be any different than switching
to one of the umpteen-dozen other colors in use today.

Steve [GMLTC]