 General / 45966
45965  |  45967
Subject:
Removing print with Brasso
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:01:28 GMT

The topic has come up a few times and I've used the technique myself with great
success.  I recently bought a bunch of the NBA sets that were massively
discounted.  Along with the brick and plate, I found myself with piles of parts
I would be hard pressed to use.  I wondered if Brasso could be used to remove
the print from the 1x6x5 clear backboard with print.

As long as you go slow and apply very little pressure the print comes off and
the brick stays clear and shinny.  Not the least bit "fogged".  I removed the
NBA logo as a test.  It took about 15 mins of very light rubbing to remove the
print.  With the rectangle removed they might make OK windows.  At least more
useful than before.

Side by side with logo removed from the left brick
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/Brasso/129_2924.jpg

Close up of removed logo.  Pics a little blurry.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/Brasso/129_2931.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Mike