 General / 45930
45929  |  45931
Subject:
The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:30:39 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The first of the new Harry Potter sets is now available in the UK. the 4755
Knight Bus has arrived, but, as others have noted in .harrypotter, quality
is definitely slipping.

The instructions seem to printed on a much inferior paper stock, but that's
nothing to the differences in colour of the purple parts. The image posted
elsewhere taken of the set at the toy fair showed this problem, but now I
can confirm that the set as shipped suffers from this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/purple.jpg

Some parts are redder than others, as you can hopefully see, and what's odd
is that the some of the 1x10 bricks are OK (in that they match the majority
of the other parts) but two are not. The 1x6 and 1x2's seem to be off-colour
too.

The purple itself is, I believe, a new colour.

I have to say though, that the flesh minifigs are growing on me, and the set
contains a new animal: a large dog (it's almost shoulder-height!)

Huw