 General / 45508
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:56:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
I cant speak for FBTB, but this isn't true for Classic-Castle.  We felt
perfectly welcome at Lugnet.  The group of fans starting CC thought that a new
website could meet needs that .castle couldn't.  We want to be the "source for
all of your LEGO Castle needs".  A team was established in order to not have one
person in charge of a community castle site.

Many castle members from Lugnet have become members at CC.  In addition, many
people find our format easier to use than lugnet.  So we have a wide variety of
members with different ages and from many countries.

Ben E.
CC Admin

Hmm, I guess it was BZPower that didn't feel welcome because of the bionicle
bashing.

Still with CC, and probably FBTB, LUGNET didn't meet your needs so you made your
own. Just as good of a reason. And all the more reason I see LegoFan, if done
right, a good thing. Because it would allow everyone's needs to be met, but
without having to chop the existing community(s) in half to do it.

--SteveR