 General / 45504
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 02:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
In lugnet.general, Steve Runnels wrote:

(something crude and uncalled for that we really didn't need)

Sorry, but I've gotta agree with Tamy-that was totally uncalled for.
I don't often make mention of such things, but it seems like all
day you've been posting really combative things ("just the ignorant
statement I was waiting for!" in response to the suggestion that
LUGNET provides, for many of us, the purpose you claim LEGOfan
is needed to fulfill), and now something that's outright profane.
Excellent.  You're making an excellent case, but I don't think
it's the case you think you're making.

Take 24 hours, relax, breathe deeply, and focus.  Then come back
and respond to those who have raised some pretty salient issues
with respect to duplication of effort, and maybe you'll score some
points instead of alienating everyone.

best

LFB

I've managed to get attention, for sure. Unforunently people don't seem to be
reading past the controversy at all. So I've dug myself a hole, as usual. Maybe
I'm too used to saying derogatory things to friends and on the internet, which
btw are always in jest I don't certainly don't mean them anything more
ribjabbers, that I neglected to remember that Lugnet is the most uptight place
I've ever posted to.

And on the subject, I seem to recall that being the exact reason
Classic-Castle.com and FBTB was made in the first place. They didn't feel
welcome on LUGNET, so they made their own.

I'm actually getting quite a few "congrats" from other people. So I'm not
alienating *everyone* like you may think, I'm just not getting any support in
the form of posts.

Well, I think I've said enough for today. So I'll leave it at that.

--SteveR