 General / 45500
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:57:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed wrote:
I'm sorry, it's exactly that kind of response and attitude that isn't needed
here and has chased off a lot of people, me included.

I might or might not like the idea of this, or another idea down the road,
though I have NO right to tell someone how to spend their time and money.
You won't find me getting rude though.

If you want someone to spoonfeed you, go elsewhere.  We are adults here.

Tamy

Just what "attitude" is that?

The only thing negative I said was the "Assthony" crack. And that's because his
entire post was a sarcastic, excuse my french, ASSHOLE remark. Oh ok thanks, I
have a link now, WOOHOO! Give me a break, that's childish right there. And maybe
he got the best of me, because I fed it right back to him.

I'm really not sure why you took that so harsh from me, Tamara. Maybe it's
because I don't care for castle and you somehow mistook that for me putting
castle down. That's not the case at all. Castle just simply isn't my thing. But
I enjoy good building techniques, cool ideas, or whatever, no matter what
catagory it's from. And I'd like to see more of those things. But as it is, I
don't and that's because I don't want to dig through a genre I don't care for to
find them. It's got nothing at all to do with needing to be spoonfed. I'm
prefectly willing to actualy help develop the entire concept.

Some claim that such a thing would take traffic away from the participating
sites. I claim that I would not, and in fact would only DRIVE traffic to those
sites.

The people who already look at everything on that site will continue to do so.
The people, like myself, who don't care for castle or whatever, but enjoy a
really good MOC will now all of a sudden be going there too, if only for a few
pages. I'm not going to visit the site as it is because there is just too much
that I don't really care for personally. I'm not going to go out of my way to
seek the best of it out because the majoritiy of it I'm not interested in AT
ALL.

Now lets say that the best of the breed is presented to me in a way that I don't
have to go out of my way to see. I'm much more inclined to actually look at it.

THAT my friends, is what it's all about, it's not about replacing anything, it's
not about forums, it's not about links, it's about bringing the whole community
together even across genres, age-groups, etc.

P.S. Remember, it's hard to impossible to tell *tone* from text, I never meant
for any of this to a flame or bad tempered or whatever. The sarcastic remarks
aren't meant to hurt anyone, but they help make the point.

--SteveR