 General / 45475
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:08:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
You bring in the kids you bring in the issue of clones.  And if TLC is involved,
well, as I said before, I don't know.  There aren't any easy answers.

I fully appreciate TLC (as I've stated numerous times) and I will never
personally send my money to any other brick manufacturer (excapt BBB ;) ).

I also want to voice my support of people looking at enhancing the on-line
experience of our chosen hobby--I will help where I am able.

I love my time at LUGNET and would like to see any transition, if wanted, to go
as smoothly and, well, diplomatically for lack of a better word, as possible.

Quick little example.  I work for a company that has been around for many years.
Recently our parent company filed for bankruptcy and, due to restructuring, it
(the parent company) was eliminated.  That said, there are still folks in this
very office who work for that parent company, and who are finalizing paperwork.
Basically, since the parent company has been eliminated, all the office space
'are belong to us', and we are allowed to do with as we please, includiong
moving the 'old folks' into spare cubicles.  That said, it's an unwritten rule
that we don't walk into the old VP's office with a measuring tape and a notepad
whilst the old VP is finalising the elimination of his position--it's not nice
and shows a profound lack of respect to the person.

So if these discussions are to continue on LUGNET, bear in mind that, for many
people, related to these discussions is the potential elimination of LUGNET--our
home for numerous years for all things LEGO.

Please consider that.

Dave K

Well said Dave K.  Well said...

I might also add that I would rather NOT see LEGO involved in any central
website for this community.  This is because LEGO would thn have some power over
content, which can't be a good thing because they already have their own website
to advertise.  I'd rather have LEGO as a paying advertiser, if they want to, and
a contribution like Jake does here, which is limited to some announcements and
replying to any message he wants.  That gives us AFOL total freedom over the
content of our messages and it also gives us autorithy to criticize plenty, even
if we mostly talk about how great LEGO is :-)

Terry