 General / 45464
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:45:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller wrote:
Bruce Schlickbernd <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote:
Sure. And worse. Like I said, *BB isn't very nice.
And like I said, I disagree (but at least we agree on the boring part).  :-)

Hey, if you like boring, that's fine with me. To each his own, and all.

You seem confused - I was refering to Lugnet's visual appearance.

Text adventures died, is all that I can say. :-)
Now there's a non sequitur.
What part of "boring" didn't you parse? :-)
I shall be more forceful in my comparison, Maximum Borosity. (all those
who never saw the phrase "maximum verbosity" are left wondering at this
conversation)

So, basically, you think BB style forums will die out? Or do you mean that
both BB and Lugnet will be replaced by the futuristic VR chatrooms I
mentioned?

Yup, confused.  Sorry if I wasn't clear along the way.  I meant Lugnet was a
step up visually from r.t.l., as newer boards are a step up visually from
Lugnet.

Oh, alright - text adventures gave way to graphic adventures.  Time
marches on. Visually boring is left along the way side. It's happened
before - it just struck me as to the similiarity of your comments to the
old text/graphic adventure debate.

But there isn't an analogue to the graphical adventure in anything we
talked about. Unless you meant Lugnet, and I don't think you did.

Defintely confused - I meant exactly that (another respondent knew I meant
Lugnet, so I didn't think myself unclear, but such is the written word).

-->Bruce<--