 General / 45427
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:08:45 GMT

"Jindroush" <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz> wrote in message

Yeah, but if we have _defined_ environment (I mean there is _finite_
number of all LEGO sets out there), the final result _must_ be same. So
I don't see the need for competition. Of course, there may be
differences in 'value added', better pictures, more fields, different
presentation, but the core data _is_ same by the definition.

OK, agreed.

The _cooperation_ is the thing LEGOFan.net (or WorldLUG) talks about,

Having re-read the original post, that's how I understand it now too. I
don't think there's any intention to replace anything or any site, just make
them work better together and accessible from one place, which I'm all for.

methinks. There would be no need for you to 'throw in the towel'. You'd
just continue in your (BTW very good) work, but just share it with the
others.

I already provide a webservice:
http://www.brickset.com/webservices/brickset.asmx. It needs a bit of
refining, for example it returns all records in the database, but with a bit
of work I'd be happy to share it with others, as I do for Peeron. Indeed by
publishing this URL, I already have ;)

Huw