 General / 45421
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:39:01 GMT

Terry Prosper wrote:
Yeah, but if we have _defined_ environment (I mean there is _finite_
number of all LEGO sets out there), the final result _must_ be same. So
I don't see the need for competition. Of course, there may be
differences in 'value added', better pictures, more fields, different
presentation, but the core data _is_ same by the definition.

My point exactly.  No need for a third website copying the 2 already existing.

No, my point is: why to have two sets of data? I don't mind if two sites
use the same data, but I'd like to see one centralized database.

But the shared database would be great - for example, I would like to
give Czech users something like {very limited} guide.lugnet or Brickset.
I don't have enough resources to do it. But it's not a problem for me to
make czech ui, and create add-on xml databases with czech set names,
czech MSRPs and czech release dates.

So why not work with Huw and Todd and make the already existing websites better?

Wasn't it told in previous debate about WorldLUG, that Lugnet doesn't
evolve anymore? Not to mention that it's a 'private property'.

I have no problem contributing to 'open' projects, though.

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.