 General / 45368
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:01:42 GMT

-snip newsgroup flooding-

In lugnet.build, Richard Morton wrote:

We're working out the details of the agreement with TLC to allow LEGOFan.net
to do such things as use the word 'LEGO' in its domain name, as well as many
other benefits and surprises directly from the 'inside'!

I would be very surprised if Lego let you use "Lego" in the URL for the site.
They are pretty tough on these things - and if they let you do it they will be
opening one heck of a can of worms. Because IF they let you do it they will be
"diluting the brand name" as is the popular term here on Lugnet.

One of the things that makes the Lego brand name so strong is how they fight to
keep it clean and not used by non-Lego people. I do not think they will go back
on everything they stand for, and fight for in any way.

Lego has bashed down the door of many sites that tried to do similar things.
But hey, if they want to go down that road and open up that pandora's box then
who am I to care? As long as they keep making bricks thats all I really care
about at the end of the day.

But on the other hand - what the heck do I know?

Good luck on it though.

Mark P
LoB