 General / 44983
44982  |  44984
Subject:
Have *YOU* contacted LEGO customer service re: the gray color change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:19:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello all,

Have *YOU* contacted LEGO customer service regarding the gray color change?

Jake McKee, in post after post on the recent gray and brown color changes, has
suggested contacting LEGO customer service by phone, letter, or email.  I don't
think that enough people have taken the hint.

In the recent Classic Castle chat, for instance, he said:

"my colleagues didn't have an understanding of what or why this was a big deal.
I'm going to EU next week, and will be discussing more with colleagues. I'll
have a better answer to this question then.
As far as non-AFOL customers, we haven't seen a huge reaction through our
channel of record... customer service"
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=19104

Has everyone here who feels negatively impacted by the color change done all
they can to let TLG know about it?

A couple hundred *mailed letters* will carry a lot more weight than say a couple
hundred phone calls.  A couple hundred phone calls will carry a lot more weight
than a couple hundred emails (or perhaps vice versa).  A couple hundred emails
will carry a lot more weight than a couple hundred posts on LUGNET (that Jake's
collegues will never see).

Ask yourself, have you truly done your part to make your dissatisfaction known?
I'm certainly a big fan of speaking with your wallet, but TLG must explicitly be
told the reason WHY they will get decreased purchases from *YOU*.  Send them a
letter!

Here is some relevant contact information (in the US):

LEGO Systems, Inc.
555 Taylor Road
P.O. Box 1600
Enfield, CT 06083-1600
USA

1 860 763-3211  (not-toll-free)
1 800 453-4652  (S@H's toll-free number)

http://www.lego.com/eng/service/contactus.asp

Anyone who has better/more-appropriate contact information for TLG, particularly
for different countries, please post that info in this thread.  I know I've seen
TLG contact information scattered in the other threads regarding the color
change, but now it's difficult to find.

If we hope to have any chance of having this terrible decision corrected, we
need to mount a larger, more concerted effort.  Jake can only do so much for us.
We need to help ourselves!

P.S.  I'm sure this is bad form, but I think it would be great to have this post
Spotlighted on the LUGNET homepage.