 General / 44393
Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:42:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Kate: The bulk order has been exactly this. In LEGOland the answer to this
question will also be, that we cannot dispatch what we don´t have.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Oooohhhhhh.....  The possibility to order pieces in truly large • quantities.
Bricks by the thousands or even tens of thousands.

This would be so amazingly cool!

JohnG, GMLTC

This caught my eye as well and it appears to validate a rumor I heard a
while back.  The rumor I heard was S@H Europe is offering bulk orders for
any element which LEGO currently has in production.  From what I understand
it is a fixed price per piece (not by weight like LEGOLand parks sell
elements or by the cup like PaB) and the price is reasonable.  I dismissed
this as a pipe dream when I heard it until I read the transcript of the
chat.

So LEGO - inquiring minds want to know!

Can we really order any production element in bulk?
How much?
How do we do it?
Is this a Europe only offering?
If so, why?
How does one find out what is in production?

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com