 General / 44304
44303  |  44305
Subject:
So who has seen the new colors in bulk packs/mosaics/etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 02:42:42 GMT

After the news I wanted to secure a supply of mosaic plates in the old greys.
Happily for me they are still shipping in the US with the old grey colors - as
of last week anyway.

Seems that ordering this type of 'perpetual product' could be hit or miss for
some time. We've been told new production is in the new colors but not how sales
are going to be handled. Will old color supplies be deliberately sold out before
new color product starts shipping? Was recent old color production cut back so
current supply would be limited? These are details that may never be shared
publicly. It's perhaps easy to assume someone thought of these things and
planned for a clean cut-off, but really, who knows. With different distribution
channels things are likely to appear at different times in different parts of
the world in any event.

Anyway, I encourage anyone ordering this type of product in the coming
weeks/months to chime in with what they got so the community gets a feel for the
transition to the new colors (beyond their appearance in 2004 sets.)

Thanks and play well,

John
Mosaic curator