 General / 44007
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:53:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

IF YOU AGREE THAT NEW COLORS ARE GREAT BUT REPLACING CURRENT COLORS IS A BAD
IDEA, PLEASE REPOND TO THIS WITH YOUR AGE AND ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS.
By responding to this post you are adding your name to a petition that will
eventually make it’s way to the Lego Company it’s self.

OnDrew Hartigan, 20

P.s. please delete any unnecessary text when replying. Thank you

Please add Aaron F. West age 30,
father of three children and advocate of coffee tables featuring LEGO bricks.

I'd like to add my voice to this.  I have purchased nearly 400,000 LEGO building
bricks since I first came to love the building toy.  Mainly I buy for the earth
tones that LEGO has been producing up until 2003 because the are realistic and
represent fantasy creations very well.  Now I hear, and see in my 2004 Star Wars
set puchases these horribly over-bright no-longer-earth tones.  I honestly
cannot find a reason to do anything other than sabotage/boycott LEGO for this
clear contempt of their consumers.
If LEGO keeps this as the way of the future, they have no toy value because
their toy is based upon a compatable SYSTEM in which everything works together.

I am absoultely furious that LEGO would do this.  THis is far worse than
Hasbro's recent corrected mistake in doing away with o-rings on GI Joe figures
back in 2002.  Crap, if Hasbro can see the light and fix their mistake, LEGO
should be able to do the same.  If not, don't buy their product, ever.