 General / 43993
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:27:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:

   The Peeron page is official? Cool!

Now, is someone willing to organize it in such a way that it shows why these colors needed to be changed?

Wait, that didn’t quite sound right.

Try again: It’s great that these are ‘official’. But a long straight line list (in some sort of weird order) doesn’t really explain or show how the colors work together, and why some colors just had to be changed. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about colors (graphic artist? printer?) could set them up in such a way that they’re all grouped logically - “this is the red family, this is the green family”, etc... This way LEGO could show that ‘this color doesn’t work because it’s not at the intersection of these two other colors’ or something like that...

My Color Tree won’t tell you the ‘why’, only the Lego company can do that. It does group colors in the manner you describe - both the old known colors, as well as the new colors from the Peeron list. I’ve also tried to match as many old & new as possible. Although with just a name & color value, I couldn’t find matches for many real-world colors on the Peeron list.

Here’s the link: http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorTree

Hope that helps, Clark