 General / 40956
40955  |  40957
Subject:
2003's gonna ruin my savings account...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:08:43 GMT

After seeing my Jan-Feb SAH Catalog and these three posts (and wiping the
drool off my keyboard):

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=9081
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=9088
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=9108

all I can say is...

...wait for it...

WOW! COOL! SWEET! SUPERB! AWESOME! TERRIFIC! GREAT! YEAH! WHOOPEE! ALRIGHT!
UH-HUH! YES! SUPER!

*pant, pant*

*sits down and tries to compose one's self while hoping the neighbors don't
call 911*

Okay, now that I've calmed myself down somewhat, I want to talk about the sets:

Adventurers:

The new Orient Expedition subline is, OMHO, the best thing to happen to
Adventurers.  With new figs, new pieces, and dark blue finally becoming more
available (sort of), the whole Adventurer line is in my "To buy ASAP" list.

Sports:

The basketball and upcoming snowboarding line doesn't interest me that much,
but at least we have some African-Americans (PS: has any tried putting Harry
Potter hair on Shaq to get a rapper with an Afro?)

Star Wars:

With the exception of #4477 and #4479, the new Star Wars sets look great.  I
was one of the few lucky people who got a MINI TIE, so I of course will have
to buy the rest of the MINI line.  The AT-AT and AT-TE look cool (not to
mention very big), but they're not top priority.  Jabba's Palace and
sub-sets also look cool, and I'll probably get them near the end of the
year, but I'm most definitely getting two copies of the Geonosian Fighter.

NASA:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!  The ISS, Discovery, Apollo Landing and more! (and in
micro scale too)  These sets are are just begging to be bought! All of them
are very cool, but I think the ISS is my favorite.

Model Team:

I don't own any Model Team, but that yellow truck looks dang cool.  I wonder
if I could fit a RCX into that?

Town:

The Police sets look a bit funky, but there are great pieces (did anyone say
'smoke canopies'?).

Technic:

I'm very tempted to buy that yellow scooper.  I don't have enough yellow,
and no pumps whatsoever.

So...let's hear about your thoughts/feelings/complaints about the 2003 line.

Nathan Wells