 General / 40521
Re: Understanding Leaks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:16:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

Hi Joe -
I believe a dealer catalog, obtained by and scanned by an individual who is
not a dealer and placed on the internet would constitute a leak. I recall
being at LEGO's office in NYC a couple years ago and having to almost beg
for a dealer catalog (sitting on a stack on a shelf) and promise that I
would not distribute the images, as they were not intended for public
consumption. The guys at LEGO distribute information to dealers differently
than they distribute to consumers. I assume they have a reasonable
expectation that the dealers won't further distribute the info. From my
point of view, I intend to respect LEGO's desire to keep information from
the public if I ever run across it in a dealer catalog.

hm...hadn't thought of that. You're right. No wonder I got the confidentiality
form when I got my job:)

Joe Meno