 General / 39848
39847  |  39849
Subject:
Interesting Theme Names on a Retail Lego Box...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 01:31:09 GMT

I currently work part time at a Toys R Us.  I seen something very interesting
on the Lego Cardboard Boxes that "protect" the sets while in transit.  The
boxes have the LEGO 4-digit set identifier code on them, and the theme name.

What really interested me was what else was on the box.  Life On Mars boxes
had the "SPACE" Moniker on them.  So I guess that LEGO decided they are a
SPACE subtheme.

On the Island Xtreme sets, they have "CITY" Moniker on them.  So I
assume that this is a Subtheme for TOWN.

I just thought that was interesting as people complain that there isn't any
of their themes out.  Sadly, it is next to impossible to get a real good
castle set these days in North America on the retail level (Walmarts here in
Canada are selling off their over-stock of Bull's Attack sets), but how many
of those do you need?  They make good Rogues, but I like still I like some
good guys too....

...pardon me for going off topic...

Anyways, just thought I'd mention that.

Ben