 General / 39252
Re: FOTD - Samsonite Era Set #704
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 06:22:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:
I picked up a very old Samsonite set late last week.

How do you find the "fit" of the pieces?

My sister recently bought a Swiss made 1200 piece tub, and I could swear
blind that the bricks
- are more rubbery
- fit less closely together
- have sharper edges
than the sets I grew up with in the late 70s.

On the other hand, last month I bought a very old selection from Denmark,
which had some very old bricks - whose fit was dreadful.

Is it just nostalgia on my part, or was the apogee of "fit" in the late 70s
/ early 80s? Has anyone applied a micrometer to this problem?