 General / 38421
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:51:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Mattia writes:

I'm a kid, and these crappy Galdidor/Bionicle/Jack Stone LEGO wannabes are
very annoying!

Definitely, I just can't see why some other people can't see through
this argument. What happened to the traditional set? Now I'm
seeing action figures and highly juniorized sets on the shelves and
less themed sets. Not a good sign.

I just came home from school and on the table was the new
lego magazine.  I open it up...first page=duplo thing and some crap sets,
labled as 'stupid'.  As I was browsing, I turned pages, yelling at what junk
there is.

Yeah, when I got the summer catalog, I was just as appalled to see about
half the pages dedicated to Galidor/ Bionicle, and lego ranting about
'how great it was'. To tell you the truth, I can't see what was going
through the designers head when they chose galidor, let alone anything
that comes from Fox kids network.

The Harry Potter sets were nice for pieces, other than that, I'd
throw it away.  There is about 20 pages with galidor and jack stone things,
a waste of plastic, mind you.  Think, that plastic could be used for real
lego elements, not stupid baby junk.

Right, I would like to see that plastic used for more castle legends (or
a new series), and perhaps some space and accessory / expansion sets.
Besides, anyone in their right mind knows you can buy an action figure
much cooler than Galidor at half the price. When will they learn?

I'd love to see Classic Space and
Castle come back, maybe in different forms, but at least we would have
ORIGINAL castle and space models, not liscensed things.

Yeah, can't stand to see lego sell out their soul for licensing
dollars. I long to see some originality in themed sets, such as
perhaps, a new Black Falcon fortress, or a redux version of the
497.

Therefore, if
anyone would like to contribute to a letter I'm sending to the Lego Company,
visit this message: http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=4089 and post what
you want to add, I'll put it in the letter, print it out, and send it.  I'm
mad at LEGO, I want the old LEGO Company back, not the company I see that
looks as if it's run by monkeys wearing diapers.

Yeah, that's why I started this post, and I hope lego takes the liberty
to at least read the letter. (since I don't think many people trust me
anymore, oh well...)

Well, looks like I have another person (who is a kid, like me)
who hates galidor.

Attn Lego: Bring back space!!! At least something space!

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast

"Yeah, It seems like everyone's selling their allegiance these
days towards the popular front. Has anyone taken notice that
integrity comes from originality, not from emulation of someone's
idea?"