 General / 37999
Re: New Polling Mechanism Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
Very cool! I just set one up. Is there anyway to have them appear in
appropriate sidebars?

Good question!  And the answer is: .....  Yup!

Since you asked, I'll show you how...  :-)  Just include the following in
the sidebar text:

  <<Poll(#)>>

where # represents the poll number, for example:

  <<Poll(4)>>

and your poll will appear there -- as a ballot if you're signed in and
haven't taken the poll, or else the up-to-date results.

Cool. How did you get it to be so narrow in your CLSotW page?

Or let me try that question another way, is there a way to tell FTX "don't
exceed a certain width for the next thing, word wrap if you need to"... if
you look at the current lugnet.trains front page the posts on the right are
a bit squished because of how wide the spotlight page entries are. I would
rather those wrapped if they exceed a certain width.

Thanks!