 General / 37360
Re: Ode to 1x1 brown plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:58:28 GMT

I realize my response is a little late in coming on this thread.
Sorry about that... all of my available Lego time has been sunk
until this last weekend on preparing for the NILTC show, and now
it's going into recovery and picture gathering.  In fact, the
original poem in this thread bubbled into my head while I was trying
to finish the mountain pathway on my module for the train layout.

(Don't worry, I didn't actually cut a 1x2 brown plate in half...
mostly because I don't have enough 1x2 brown plates to spare...)

In any case - thanks to everyone who laughed or commented on this,
or contributed your own poems.

And Felix!  I had no idea you had these poetic leanings.  I'm afraid
all my rhyming energy for the year is used up, and will happily turn
over any Lugnet poet laureate titles to you.   You should make it up
to the burbs for one of the NILTC meetings, by the way.  We're really
starting to generate some cool stuff.  I suspect we could make some
underwater-y areas for your aquazone leanings... :-)

  -r'm

Remy Evard
Northern Illinois Lego Train Club