 General / 3711
3710  |  3712
Subject:
Lugnet mentioned in Mercedes magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:32:46 GMT

Hi,

There's a reference to LUGNET in the latest edition of Mercedes, which is the
UK magazine for owners of Mercedes Benz cars. The final section of the
Spring edition is entitled "The Internet - A maze or Amazing?" and it's final
subsection is called "Plain Strange"...

It reads...

"Star Wars Lego   http://www.lugnet.com/1999

In what could possibly be the perfect toy, Lego has joined forces with
Lucasfilm to create Star Wars Lego. Not available in the UK until July 1999
(sic), you can see what sets will look like on the Lego fan site, thanks to a
Net user who has diligently scanned the Lego 1999 catalogue. Children young and
old can look forward to building X-Wings, speeder bikes and Darth Vader's
shuttle."

Plus there's a screenshot of one of the pages.

Strange? I don't know, also under this banner are entries for JPL and the
FBI...

And yes, any inference that I received the magazine because of the car that I
own would be correct...

Cheers,
Kev