 General / 3708
3707  |  3709
Subject:
"Greetings from SoundStone": SPAM warning for members of the Legomaniac's Webring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:30:58 GMT

All,

I have just received a spam from "SoundStone" after they harvested my e-mail
address from my Web page.  The subject line read "Greeting from
SoundStone".  The second paragraph of the message reads:

"I recently visited Jeremy's Lego Page while browsing the lego maniac's ring
and want to explore the possibility of working with you to promote music
on-line."

Whatever you do, do NOT verify your e-mail address to these sleazeballs by
responding to the e-mail message.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."