 General / 35075
Re: What is a "review"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:12:23 GMT

As is my wont, I have snipped all but what I wish to discuss as I agree with
the rest (or Frank dealt with it).

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:

Lar said:
Tell you what.... send me your snail and I'll GIVE you a copy of this
particular set if you will promise not to, in future, call screeds that
aren't based in a thorough review of the sets in question "reviews".

I'll pass Larry, but thanks for the kind offer.  My suggestion (sincerely)
would be that if you do have a spare copy, why not donate it to an
organization that could make sure it gets to a child who might enjoy it.  I
did this just last month at work.  Donate toys in exchange for wearing jeans
at work for a week... good deal.

Indeed it is.

I don't have a spare copy. I don't have ANY copies. I felt so strongly about
this I was prepared to go buy one specifically to mail it to you. But if you
change your site to stop using the word review and instead call these
something else, I for one am satisfied. (and I suspect Richie would be too,
but of course I can't speak for him)

All the best.

++Lar