 General / 33721
Re: a most slendid 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:29:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Portillo writes:
I built this modle and I want to know what you think of it. It has 4 wheel
drive, steering, live axles, a center differential, 2 inches of suspention
travel, is fully motorised and has a 5 forward/1 revearse transmission of my
own design ( the one in the 8448 was to weak ). I did not include diffs in
the axles because it diminished its off-road performance ( especially when
driving over / demolishing my 8880 super car ). Allthough it is easily
heavey enougth to crush my 8880 it can climb a 60 degree slope in 3rd gear.
To see the model, go to;

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7730.

It is called blue falcon. I am looking forward to your feedback

I saw this on Brickshelf earlier today and thought it looked pretty good.
It's nice to see a working 4x4.  Well done.

Any dats or description of the drive/gearbox?

Martin

X-posted to lugnet.technic
The secret to a srong gearbox is to get all the gears completely in mesh
with each other, not so the gears only just touch ( as seen in the gear
boxes of the 8880 and the 8448 ). I no longer have the model assembled and I
don't have any pictures of the gearbox ( sorry ). I will try to rebuild the
gearbox and post some pictures.

BTW I am going to use this gearbox in another model of a monster truck
coming in around 8 months ( my building time is filled up until then ). It
will have some improvements like limited slip diffs and 4 wheel steering (
and maybe power steering if I can fit it in )