 General / 33282

Subject:
My FOTD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 05:17:40 GMT

A couple of weeks ago I was watching an auction on eBay.  There was no
pictures, just a description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1631985687

From the description I thought it might be worth taking a shot on it
thinking the statment "Has the rail station and the crane to lift cars and
other things onto the train. The crane comes with an extra train car. " so
it might be a 4555.  I forgot about the auction but I had put it in my watch
list.  Seeing that it closed without any bids I contacted the seller and
asked about a direct sale.  Seller said, sure, meet my opening bid.  I
figured why not, every once in a while a gamble is worth taking.

Well today my box showed up.

Right on the top you can see the train platforms and in it were lots of
yellow pieces.  Hmm - MetroStation?  Some more digging around, hmmm ... more
goodies.  So I started a real quick rough sort of things I recognized.

Parts from 4555, 4554, 4552, 4549, 4532, and 4564!

After the kids went to bed tonight I set it all out on the floor to see what
I really had.  The box had no instructions with it which exactly what I had
expected.  I had contacted the seller when the auction was running to get a
list of set numbers.  Seller stated - "no boxes, no instructions, no idea as
to which sets they are".

Fortunately I have instructions for all of the sets that appeared to be in
the box.  So I spent the evening building.

Here is what I ended up with:

4554 MetroStation - mostly complete, missing lamp posts, one sign and one
minifig.
4552 Cargo Crane - missing the small tool car (the one w/ small train
wheels)
4549 Road 'N Rail Hauler - missing four 1x2 red tiles (which oddly enough I
don't have any of)
4544 Car Transport Wagon - missing the white car
4555 Freight Loading Station - missing the building
4564 Freight Rail Runner - missing the truck
4539 Level Crossing (#1) - complete
4539 Level Crossing (#2) - missing the tower
6514 Trail Ranger - complete
6562 Gas Stop Shop - missing the tanker truck

All in all, a pretty good haul for $100.  ;-)

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot

RE: My FOTD
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 05:50:57 GMT

Nice gamble/haul Mike.

Obviously a risk worth taking, Milissa would say no, too risky.

Enjoy! :-)

Thanx,

Mark Millère
LUGnet # 525
Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares
<http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?i=MMillere>

Re: My FOTD
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 06:10:45 GMT

Gee, it seems the seller could have purchased a digital camera, listed that
auction and made enough more than $100 to pay for the camera...what do you
think?

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:
A couple of weeks ago I was watching an auction on eBay.  There was no
pictures, just a description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1631985687

From the description I thought it might be worth taking a shot on it