 General / 33251
Re: New building (Tan)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:05:41 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

   That cornice design is *stunning*.  Bram's right, that's a
   great use of obscure parts.  The 1x4 tiles with 5-finger hinge
   are also really neat--what set did those come from in bulk?

Thanks.  That's high praise coming from a couple of guys whom I consider to
be truly amazing builders!  You make me laugh with the 5 finger hinge
question-- I am only aware of it in one set.  It took at least a half a year
of searching to collect that many, 1 and 2 at a time!  The actual bulk
bricks used were the 1x2, 2x4 tan bricks, and the 1x2x2 white windows.

This is my first example of my "miniland detail in minifig scale"
campaign-- more on the way.  Thanks to LD for making many of these
elements available through bulk!

   I see!  I hope you'll produce more--the tan/brown/white scheme
   is especially cool, it looks like a lot of the buildings around
   here.

Actually, I have already built 6 more buildings that are in that same design
motif -- I still need to get pics of them.

   That's beautiful.  How ever will you assemble a whole town so
   lovely?

Am in the very process of doing that now for the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club
layout:-)

-John

And when are you going to make it available as a kit?
   :D

   best

   LFB