 General / 33174
Re: Help wanted !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:07:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ralph Döring writes:

[snip]
"the friendliest place on the Internet."

Talking to my friends here in Germany, we decided we want to help. The idea
is to put (old/rare/...) LEGO sets on auction on eBay but instead of making
any profit the winning bid goes directly to those in need.

To get things rolling, we have two possibilties:
1) We want to help familys of this community directly (this way we know our
money goes to where it is needed and is not consumed by a big organisation).
In this case it would be great if a trusted person from LUGNET could open a
bank/Paypal account for this purpose.
2) If thankfully no LUGNET member is affected or you don´t agree to 1) we
could donate the money to the red cross (which the company I work for is
doing) or another supporting institution.

Great idea, Doe!

If there is somebody to organize the money collecting (maybe one person for the
US and one in Germany to reduce the money transfer costs?), then I would love
to join.

Regards,

Ben
(FGLTC)