 General / 32836
Re: LEGO Sculptor - Inventory & Exchange Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 01:18:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sean Harrington writes:
b2x2 96 • 48 should be more than enough
b1x1 64
make it 20

I think lots of 1x1 bricks are important, for no other reason that they are
your base 1x1 vertical element. If you want to have several 1x thin strands,
the best way to do this is with 1x1 bricks. Even though the sphere is the
main model, you want to be able to use it for other stuff as well, right?

On the others, what items would you increase as a result? 2x4 bricks?

I think that 1x4 and 2x4 increase will be good, I would prefer and tub without
instruction, no propose model. If you want to make a sphere, use your
imagination, that must not be that hard to do, unless you what it to roll for
at least 10 feet with a small push ;-)

If Lego have to design instruction, publish them, that will increase R&D thus
the need of a higher price, a tub without any paper inside will be able to sell
for less.

p1x3 16
p1x3 32 • ???
p1x1 0
p1x1 256
???

Whoops. My bad. I had grouped them by their content in the bulk packs, and I
had forgotten to remove duplicate lines. Add any duplicate columns together.

every body make mistakes.

make the price at 30$ max and I buy, over 30$, will probably pass it, over • 40$
forget it (price in Can$)

Yep, I'd like a CN$30 maximum price point as well, but that would be
US$19.24 currently, and probably not very likely. If the US price was the
proposed US$29.99, yours would likely be CN$46.99, just going purely off of
the current (9/6/01 09:00 PDT) exchange rate.

- Sean

price of Lego in Canada seam to be smaller then US even after conversion,
possibly due to the fact that stores opening hour are less thus less salary to
pay.

I don't have exact figure but it should cost Lego about a small fraction of a
penny by stud to manufacture a basic part. If you bypass retail store they can
keep all the profits for themselves even if it means higher cost (inventory,
manipulation, phone operators,...). With only a tub + 1200 bricks this may
represent somthing like 5-6$ maybe 8$US max had inventory and other 10-12$.
they surely can sell it at 25$US and make a lot of money.

Martin