 General / 32759
Re: Chapter 1 of Subterfugitives now online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 03:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes:

Disc One : Chapter One is now ready for viewing:

http://minispy.tripod.com/secret/

Nothing offensive in the story (yet), but as always; parental discretion is
advised!

I'd love to hear any comments (either here or in the feedback link on the
main page [or by email if you prefer to remain private]).  Please keep in
mind that this is not an 'episode' in and of itself, it is one chapter of a
much larger story and merely introduces some of the basic story elements.

Excellent work, Joel.  I really like the way you blended Lego & non-lego sets(1)

The detail work in some of the sets is fantastic; the lockers in the
hallway, and the office furniture felt especially well done to me.

My only quibble is that the chapter seems a bit slow, especially near the
beginning where you've got a lot of establishing shots.  Those kinds of
"same scene, different angle" shots are really served well by being seen
together.  It still worked, but I think it would have worked better if there
were multiple panels on a single page.  Of course, I'm on a high-speed ADSL
connection, so I'm less affected by bandwidth issues.  Multiple panels on a
page would probably really choke a slow connection. :/

thanks,

James

1:"sets" in the movie set sense, not the Lego kit sense, that is.