 General / 31394
Re: A pot, A box, and An egg
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:10:04 GMT

"Amy Hughes" <lugnews@public.atreides.org> wrote in message
news:GC3JAy.2JM@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.build, Bryce McGlone writes:

Very nice. Do you still use the pot as a planter? I've considered building • a
potted plant out of LEGO, plant and all. Something the kitties won't munch • on
:-)

Your wonderful box gives me an idea for a candy jar for my desk at work...

Amy

(Follow ups set to General since this really isn't Build anymore)

OK, I am REALLY LATE responding to this thread but I wanted to share
something that my wife came up with that I think has worked out really well.

A few months ago, I was cleaning out my Lego room and noticed that I had
several spare buckets and tubs.  I really hate to throw these out but I only
use the larger 1200 piece tubs for storage.  My wife just happened to have
some plants that needed repotting and suggested using the buckets.  We
drilled about 6 holes in the bottom of each red bucket for drainage (the
bucket sits on the upside down lid which will catch and hold and drainage
water), filled them with potting soil, and voila - very cool plant pots
(which of course really go well with the theme of the Lego room as well as
brightening the room with some real greenery).

I encourage everyone to try it out.

Tim