 General / 31125
Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:11:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Peter McLoone writes:
Well personally I'm a bit ticked. How many people are really glad about
these new security features.

While I'm not "glad" that because of Mr Moulton it isn't quite as simple to
post on Lugnet as it used to be I am glad that this security measure will in
all likelihood significantly dampen (and hopefully eliminate altogether) Mr
Moulton's attempts to post using other people's email addresses.

The way the system works for me at present is like this:

1) Read posts.
2) Compose a reply or new message and post it to the desired newsgroup.
3) repeat 2) until finished
4) Read email.
5) Visit URLs contained in emails and select "Post".

In this manner the security measure acts as my outbox.  When I'm ready to
shift into "review my outgoing messages" mode I simply choose which of the
posts in my outbox I still wish to make public and do so with ease.

HTH,
John Hansen