 General / 3097
Re: Wax removal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:09:28 GMT

Eric Joslin writes:
This is almost an embarassing question.

I left a Stone Tower Bridge beneath a hanging lantern with a candle in it (ok,
my bedroom decoration is... eclectic) and wax dripped all over it.  I had • hoped
that it would pry right off, but it doesn't seem to want to.  So... does • anyone
have any ideas as to how to remove it?  I thought about introducing a low heat
to melt the wax so it can wipe off, but I'm not sure what the heat tolerance • of
Lego really is.

If it makes a difference, the flats that make up the ramp behind the Tower and
one of the lanterns is what got dripped on.

eric

My wife puts her used candle holders in the dish washer. The hot water melts
the wax. You should put the lego inside something so it does not get into the
diswasher parts. Try a test with some spare parts..
Good luck.
Jim